PLL offers a proven and widely acknowledged approach to school improvement deemed critical for sustained improvement and innovation in medicine, industry, finance and education. Despite its demonstrated value, school districts do not typically have the capacity to create improvement and innovation networks without an experienced partner/facilitator. Because of our years of involvement with districts across the state, we have seen that diverse schools/districts are often asking for help on the same or similar set of problems.
Partnerships for Literacy and Learning has tailored the concept of Networked Improvement Communities (NICs) for use in Vermont. We provide opportunities for schools and districts to engage with each other around common problems or challenges.
The Networks for Excellence in Schools project is focused on results: improve outcomes and educational experience for all students through:
- Establishing effective collaborative networks that harness the expertise and experience of diverse participants
- Developing expertise in using data and evidence for continuous improvement.
- Building capacity for appropriate action and adaptation based on observed results.
LIST OF CURRENT NEXIS PROJECTS
- NEXIS: Implementing VTmtss for Student and School Success – Ignite and Engage!
- NEXIS: Coaching Forums – Developing Literacy Expertise in our Schools
INTERESTED IN CREATING A CUSTOM NEXIS PROJECT FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR DISTRICT WITH PLL?
Contact Audrey Richardson, NEXIS Program Coordinator at email@example.com